So I’ve just finished printing and painting a Dragon zombie skeleton model I created a little while back in Maya and ZBrush. This turned out to be quite a test of the Form 1+. I had to cut the original model into separate parts to print, as well as add fixings so they could be jointed together again afterwards. Some parts failed (mostly where skin and skeleton connected) and were re-done, but some (like his broken right top horn) were kept as it seemed to give him a bit of a ‘battle scarred’ look…
He was printed in black resin and originally in 0.05mm, but after some failed prints, I got a bit impatient and changed it to 0.1mm to speed up the time.
Once printed, the support ends were sanded, the pieces were stuck together (using a resin and laser pen method) and the whole model sprayed with a white primer and painted in acrylics. Full size is approx. 270mm x 160mm x 220mm.
My other half wants me to create/print something a bit nicer/cuter now… We'll see